This blog is one of a group of blogs that I've set up as what I've called, "notebooks". The style I'm using to present posts/thoughts/issues is just that - notebook style, which means no frills, little formality, and a very narrow focus on a very narrow subject.

When I say, "no frills...little formality" I don't mean "as in only-care-if-I-can-read-the-notes". What I mean by that is that posts are "raw material" that I may/may not incorporate into more polished material somewhere else. My aim in creating a blog/"notebook" for each very narrow subject, however, is to present material/thoughts on each subject all in one place so that anyone who comes across one of the blogs will find a number of things (sometimes very specific, sometimes broader, sometimes more in-depth, sometimes just a quick thought) related to the very narrow subject. For the larger context within which any of the "isolated" subjects may relate to any of the others, I'll provide appropriate links to other "notebooks".

Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Note About The Leg Injuries

At this point both leg injuries feel just about as "good as new".  There are some left-over issues with building up some strength for particularly high stairs, but also because building up strength will help prevent the same kind of injury from happening again.

I'll get around to finding older posts (somewhere else) that provide details about the leg injuries (as if anyone would be interested....    but, who knows...).  At this point, however, the injuries aren't really the point or the problem.  Where I am now with all this (and as a result of Winters and weather and no-driving to where the walking would be more ideal) is that I'm generally out of shape and only now getting more and more accustomed to, say, walking two or three miles while also carrying sometimes an awkward combination of, say, groceries or whatever I need to keep with me.

Also, while I'm getting more and more used to carrying certain amounts of weight (regardless of whether it's awkward or not), there's a whole complicated mix of issues related to getting muscles that aren't related to the injuries acting up and then throwing off one of the few remaining issues associated with the worst injury, which is first getting a bunch of muscles acting up just by walking outside but then, when I return home and take a couple of days for those muscles to get back to normal, I'll throw off the "worst" leg by kind of forgetting how to distribute its own, and my, weight normally.

Where this kind of ties in with the "Elderly Notes" blog, however, is that once I get those unrelated muscles going and once they later (within hours or half day or so) REALLY get going, even though they are separate from the old injuries I'll notice a little bit of "stability challenge" under SOME circumstances (like high winds or certain awkward moves).  I'd compare it to the kind of thing that can happen when one all of a sudden does something like using heavy trimmers to cut high branches or shrubbery (when one uses arm muscles that aren't used to be used that much).  In the past, I've had times when I've done that type of thing, only to find out shortly after that my arms temporarily felt so weak that I couldn't lift a pen.

The point here is that many of the issues I'll raise here are only indirectly related to the leg injuries.  (I know the references to arm muscles isn't at all related, but it's my way of coming up with an example that has nothing to do with the legs at all, and is, instead, just about needing to be more fit for certain activities.)

No comments:

Post a Comment